Have you ever had to fire anyone? 0
One of the functions that managers face many times throughout their careers is have to fire someone. This could be one of the most difficult and most disliked of managerial tasks. Whether your job requires you to do this on a regular basis or once in a while, it can cause a great deal of stress.
Stress is the impact of wear and tear on your body as you experience everyday living. Everyone has stress and needs a certain amount to be productive. Too much stress can place high demands on your body and can have harmful effects on your physical, mental, and emotional well-being.
It is important to ask yourself if you are fighting stress or managing it. Fighting stress is destructive. Managing it is constructive. Next time you’re faced with a stressful situation, will you fight it or manage it?
Signs that you are fighting stress include:
- ignoring feelings and denying stress
- making excuses for mistakes
- projecting your feelings onto others – taking it out on them
- using crutches (e.g., caffeine, nicotine, drugs)
- pushing yourself to the limit; persisting with futile deadlines; not relenting
- escaping or giving in
- being negative and pessimistic
Signs that you are managing stress include:
- recognizing it, dealing with it and letting go of it
- reframing mistakes as opportunities and learning from them
- channelling your feelings in a positive manner (e.g., gym workout, rigorous walk, time out)
- building a social support network, exercising and eating well
- getting a good night’s sleep, taking a break, keeping it all in perspective
- being proactive and maintaining control
- being optimistic and using positive self-talk
All Permacharts are laminated on both sides with a sealed edge to ensure product is waterproof and tear proof. The product comes with our limited lifetime warranty against peeling and delaminating.
To order any products from our complete line of Permacharts, click the Shop Now button.