To be or not to be Vegan.....that is the question
Hello, from the world of Permacharts! where everything is easy to learn with the right info. Did you know that more and more people are turning to a vegan diet for the health benefits? Increased energy, younger looking skin and a feeling of eternal youth are just some of the claims from enthusiastic plant eaters. Going vegan is easier than ever before with veganism becoming increasingly mainstream as more and more people from all walks of life discover the benefits of living this way.
So what do vegans eat?
Consider this: you already eat plenty of vegan food and you actually quite like it! You're just not used to it being labelled as vegan. Essentially, vegans eat everything and anything that comes from plants: fruits, vegetables, nuts, beans, grains, seeds and pulses. Your favourite quick lunch of beans on toast? Vegan. That bag of salt and vinegar chips you selected for your late night snack? Vegan. The falafel you grabbed at lunchtime? Vegan. The fruit salad you had for breakfast? Vegan. Even some of the cookies you have in your kitchen cupboard could be vegan. Vegan food is everywhere.
Did you know
- The Essenes, a Jewish sect dating from two hundred to three hundred years before the time of Jesus, were said to eat primarily live foods and were reported by anthropological historians to live an average of 120 years
What about Superfoods
Roughly 95% of the products offered by the health food and pharmaceutical industry as supplements are synthetically derived.
Superfoods are a 100% natural product, with these distinct features:
- Boosts and ensures adequacy of nutritional intake
- May also be used to target specific areas of healing
- Provides nutrients needed for optimal function and rejuvenation
- It may be obtained in a purely whole form (e.g. head of garlic), or purchased in a bottle (e.g. chlorella tablets or blue-green algae)
A synthetically derived nutritional supplement may have a toxic effect when ingested due to its incomplete nature.
- Synthetic vitamins stimulate the body to “build” a complete vitamin (pulling all mineral and vitamin co-factors from it). Negative impacts of this include:
- Depletion of the body’s precious mineral and vitamin co-factor reserves and quick elimination of the supplement
- Larger vitamin quantities are required to actually supplement adequate levels
- Studies concerning natural vs. synthetic vitamins confirm that synthetic vitamins are 50-70% less biologically active
We are just chuck-full of this kind of information but remember that going vegan is a learning curve. To live as a vegan in a non-vegan world takes both courage and curiosity. Veganism has been around for a long time, but it’s still a relatively new concept to many people. It’s important you allow yourself time to learn about the various strands of veganism - and remember to pat yourself on the back along the way for the progress you've made.
We created these guides to help you get there sooner and for you too learn and understand everything quicker. You will find them truly invaluable and we laminated them, so they will hold up for years!
- Wheatgrass Juice, Green Drinks & Sprouts
- Food Combining
- The Raw Kitchen
- How to Store Goods
- Optimal Digestion
- Natural Home Remedies
- Dips, Dressings &Sauces
When first starting out on the vegan path, you may feel a little lost. Well worry not as Permacharts is here to help. These fantastic, easy to understand raw food guides are packed full with facts, detailed information, recipes and other great tips. As a bonus...shipping is free so grab them well they are still on sale!
BTW....doesn't this taco look delicious?
- Peter McGregor